Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Question.

If you are graduating college anytime soon (May or December) have probably been asked the question. "What are you going to do after graduation?" If you say that you haven't been asked that, you're a liar. Everyone around us wants us to have our plans in order for the next chapter of our lives, but sometimes we don't give the real answer because we know it's not what people want to hear.

In December I will (hopefully) be graduating with a degree in business management. Whenever someone asks what I will do after graduation they expect me to talk about what I will do with my degree. Of course, I talk about how I eventually want to own my own business, but first I want to work to save some money to start the business. But that's really not all I want to do. I have a whole list of things I want to do after I graduate, so here are a few.


Travel

I have never really traveled. My parents will argue about how I've been to Kentucky, Tennessee, and Kansas. Although I remember Tennessee and Kansas, Kentucky is fuzzy. Yes, my senior year of high school I went to Mexico. But I've never gotten to really get out and explore somewhere. All those trips with my parents I was pretty young (Tennessee, Kentucky, Kansas). Like, younger than 13. I want to travel somewhere and just spend the day walking around and finding things. A little restaurant that no one knows about but has amazing food or a little boutique where the only thing I can afford is a key chain. I want to experience life on my own!


Live On My Own

I guess "technically" I've lived on my own since I moved to college, especially when I had my apartment my freshman year, but I've never felt like I lived on my own. I want to be able to buy groceries without calling my parents to put money in my bank account. I want to move into a place for more than nine months at a time that isn't my parents house. I want to have a house or an apartment that I can decorate how I want it to be. I want to have my own bathroom where I don't get fussed at if I leave my toothpaste on the counter. I want my own kitchen with my own dishes.


Get Married

It sounds so lame but yes, I want to get married after I graduate. I don't have a boyfriend and I haven't had one since my boyfriend dumped me two days after my 15th birthday. My last date was in December of 2011. It was a blind date, we went to a movie, and we never spoke again. My life has been consumed with going to school, making good grades, keeping my scholarship, and graduating. I haven't had time to date. Plus, a guy actually has to WANT to date you. I'm hoping that once I graduate I can find someone who I can picture forever with (because I'm a hopeless romantic).


I know I sound like the most boring person in the world, but these are things I want to happen. I want to go out and do what I love. I want to find someone I love. I want to live somewhere I love. I love my parents and my family, but they have gotten to have me around for 21 years. I think I need to spread my personality and who I am with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment