Friday, September 20, 2013

Post-Rush Probs.

Hello my lovelies! If you are still reading, sweet! Sorry I haven't posted in a while!! My last post was actually four days before my school's rush week started, so I got real busy! Anyway, I think I'll recap rush for you all and let you know how our last couple of weeks of recruitment are going.

So, this was my first time to be involved in "Formal Recruitment" EVER. I received my bid last semester through Open Recruitment. I had not gone through rush. I had no experience. It's really awkward with your first time in any of this being on the behind the scenes action. Anyway. Our room was decorated really cute and simple. We had some panels up in our colors, we brought in the letters we put at the football field, we had a couple of memorabilia tables (that I decorated), a lattice with all of our stitched letters, and lots of beautiful sisters. We had a ton of fun with all of our PNMs. Sadly, we couldn't accept all of them (70+ girls went through formal recruitment... that's a record for my school!). We wound up with fifteen new members (which nearly doubled our chapter)!!

Between people dropping their bids, holding their bids, and having Open Recruitment, I believe our new member class stands at 17. How cool is that? I mean, I go to a pretty small college. I guess that's why I'm so excited! Plus it's my first new member class, meaning I'm not the youngest in the sorority anymore!!

We have one more day for Open Recruitment this next week then we will begin our new member process! I can't believe it's almost October!! I'm so ready for big/little. Two of my closest freshman girls received bids for our sorority and they are convinced I'll be their big. We shall see! I'm taking two littles this semester and I can't WAIT!!!!!!! I'm so excited. It's gonna be real fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment