Monday, December 30, 2013

Best of 2013: The Memories Edition

As 2013 draws to an end, I can't help but reflect on all of the things that happened in this calendar year. I started the year off with no direction. I felt completely disconnected from the friends that I had during my freshman year and the semester before. I felt as though they had betrayed me and I really had no desire to spend time with them. To this day I still question my relationship with these people. I feel like I always have to be on my toes and watch out for them stabbing me in the back -- but enough with the bad.

Like I said, 2013 was basically starting off with me having NO ONE (at school). I did ring in the new year with my church family, which was awesome as always. When I started off the second semester of my second year, I didn't have any direction. I may have written in the past about my bad experience with another on campus organization. My roommate had once been a part of that organization, had to drop her letters, but was allowed to pick them up in Spring 2013. After that happened, I really felt alone. I was happy for her and all, but what was I supposed to do? Thankfully some wonderful ladies in Alpha Sigma Tau at my university began to talk to me on a regular basis. They constantly invited me to bid parties, but I was never able to go because of my schedule. Finally they had one that I could go to and I had a ball! Time passed and I competed in my university's pageant...

On March 29th of this year I received a text message that changed everything. I was extended a bid to join the wonderful sisterhood of Alpha Sigma Tau. So many things happened during that time that I can't even begin to explain the excitement I felt! I got to be a part of something really awesome and it felt wonderful! On April 19, 2013 I was initiated as a sister in Alpha Sigma Tau and life hasn't been the same since! [And for all of you who say that I paid for my friends, please refer to the section where I talked about the fact that we hung out BEFORE I even got a bid! Also, refer to a past post about how I became involved in AST.] Anyway, the very next Monday we started Greek Week, then finals! I did really well in school and everything was amazing!

On May 30th I got my job as a Beauty Advisor at a department store in our mall. I worked all summer at my BA job, along with my color guard instruction job [first ever]! All of this money went to pay for my AST dues! I purposefully got my job(s) to save up money for my sorority so that I could learn responsibility for things that I want to do! Ugh, tangent. So, we had summer meeting, I got to take awesome pictures with all my sisters, etc.

During the fall my color guard girls went to competitions and received all superior ratings!!!!!! They also received 2 outstanding awards and 2 separate competitions where they were competing with people from all over the state! I was a proud mama!!!!!!

This last semester gave me my first full semester as a Tau, I got my first position, my first executive position, and my first little!!!!! This year has been a year of firsts for me and I can't wait to ring in 2014 and see what it has to offer!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment